Friday 18 July 2014 18:07
Our new Mastervolt Soladin 600 tie-in mains inverter arrived today and we have installed it in the loft with it connected via an isolation switch to the solar panel array and a fuse and electric meter to the mains circuit.
Tuesday 15 July 2014 23:07
Last week one of our 125Ah 12 volt batteries on our off grid solar system failed after only 20 months use since we purchased the battery.
Batteries and Isolator Switches
Wednesday 09 July 2014 20:07
The DIY Pick and Place machine upgrade to use automotive vacuum valves didn’t work as planned as the automotive valves are much too slow and unresponsive to switch the vacuum feed to the picker needles fast enough to pick and place the components....
Wednesday 09 July 2014 17:00
Following from the previous Pick and Place Controller V3 Part 1 post we have now built and installed the new control board for the pick and place machine.
Wednesday 09 July 2014 15:07
We use Anderson Powerpole connectors (http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpoles/) on our ham radios and other 12 volt accessories in the house and we had always used leaded plugs connecting to a central point with inline fuses on each...
Tuesday 24 June 2014 19:06
We have collated all the design files we saved during the development and build of our DIY manual pick and place machine and the DIY automatic pick and place machine and we have uploaded the files to our GitHub account into a new repository at...
Sunday 15 June 2014 14:06
The new solar data logger project is slowly progressing and a part of the project includes some Atmel based slave boards for measuring sensors in various parts of the house. The slave boards are connected together using a full-duplex...
Thursday 12 June 2014 18:06
Since we built the automatic DIY pick and place machine, one aspect of the build which has always caused us problems is the speed in which Mach3 communicates with the SmoothStepper Ethernet board and the lack of ability to send more than...
Thursday 22 May 2014 23:05
In the past few weeks we had an intermittent problem with two of the stepper motors on the DIY Pick and Place machine on the picker head where the motors wouldn’t always run at slower speeds when the head was at the far end of the main X-Y...
Sunday 18 May 2014 21:05
Things have been very busy with both work and hobbies and there doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get all the planned projects finished and keep the blog up to date.
At the start of May my sole trader business Apexweb was closed...
Sunday 23 March 2014 13:03
Alongside our electronic projects another long term hobby has been model making and more specifically model railways. We have had a model railway in our loft workshop for many years and it has always been a way of mixing the model making...
Tuesday 18 March 2014 23:03
I am trying to get fit again after a long wet winter of not using my bike and I decided it was time to replace my old halogen bike lights with a modern LED system so we can go out for night time rides after work. My old lighting kit which...
Saturday 15 March 2014 19:03
On our Virtual Swanage website we have a section with cycle routes in our local area.
We purchased a GoPro Hero 2 camera with a bike mount with the intention to use this to record videos of the cycle...
Tuesday 04 March 2014 18:03
Since building the DIY Pick and Place machine we have had a problem with the Atmel processor powered component selector which was using the AccelStepper library which would randomly push the selector ram down when the X axis was...